How to Become a Reviewer
To Become a Turkish Journal of Emergency Medicine Reviewer
We need a constant supply of new peer reviewers. If you would like to volunteer, please register at our electronic submission system. This process will automatically add your name, contact details and expertise to our database of reviewers. Do let us know once you have registered with an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Before registering, all interested reviewers must meet the following requirements and should acknowledge the following responsibilities.
Requirements for Reviewers
All interested reviewers must meet the requirements depicted below for the Turkish Journal of Emergency Medicine:
- The interested reviewer must both have a valid degree in Medicine and a Specialty diploma, or a Ph.D. in research related areas such as Biostatistics.
- The interested reviewer must be academically affiliated with a university, institution or must be an educator in a research hospital with residency training.
- The interested reviewer must have at least 1 original research publication listed on his or her CV. All articles pending a final decision must be included.
- The reviewer is expected to review 2 to 5 reviews per calendar year.
- The reviewer is invited to review a manuscript by an invitation e-mail which includes the proposed review duration (2 or 3 weeks) and their log-in information for the electronic submission system.
- Reviewer has to log-in to the electronic submission system in 5 days after he or she received the e-mail and must inform the editorial board if they will review the manuscript or not by selecting one of the two options in the system (“I Accept” or “I Decline”). Reviewer duties are no longer valid after 5 days since we assume that you are unavailable to respond to this request.
- The reviewer must complete the assigned review within the proposed review duration provided in the invitation e-mail (2 or 3 weeks according to the type of manuscript).
- There are occasions where a reviewer may be unable to complete his/her review within the allotted time due to unforeseen circumstances. In this case, please contact the editor immediately so that arrangements can be made for the review to be completed in a timely fashion.